Subject: "Choices, Choices" Archived thread - Read only

Conferences > International New Scooter BBS > Topic #5711
Reading Topic #5711

scootme
Member since Jun-8-06
2 posts
Jun-09-06, 00:01 AM (EDT)

"Choices, Choices"

I am new to this forum, but if I could ask someone to weigh in on this. I am trying to decide between a Baron, a Strada and a Wildfire. Baron and Strada would be my first choices, but there is a dealer closeby that sells Wildfires. (Which have posted that they offer a 2 year warranty of some sort on their 2006 models.) I opted out of a Tank after a negative dealer experience and reading some of the writeups out there.

So I guess these are my questions... dropshipped Baron/Strada or a brick&mortar Wildfire?

If Baron/Strada... what dealer?

Help!

Thanks all

tortoise
Member since Aug-5-05
152 posts
Jun-09-06, 00:23 AM (EDT)

1. "RE: Choices, Choices"
In response to message #0

LAST EDITED ON Jun-09-06 AT 00:25 AM (EDT)

Displacement/speed expectations? . . Cincinnati OH has numerous scooter resources, what else have you already rejected and why?

scootme
Member since Jun-8-06
2 posts
Jun-09-06, 08:14 AM (EDT)

3. "RE: Choices, Choices"
In response to message #1

I want a 150cc scooter.

As far as the other choices in Cincinnati, the most that I have found are the brand name dealers, and then this one who sells wildfire. If you have any other info abount Cincy dealers, please share.

I have 'rejected' the brand name scooters for financial reasons, and through searching around it looks like Baron and Strada are some of the better (or at least better supported) Chinese scoots.

Nevermore
Member since Jul-25-05
521 posts
Jun-09-06, 00:31 AM (EDT)

2. "RE: Choices, Choices"

I had the same quandary and I decided onece I sell my Zuma to get a Baron Retro for Zingo in Utah. They are the closest dealer to me, and I can go pick it up and save some money.

As someone told me, between those two I think you get the scooter you like the best, and check with a few dealers to see who treats you the best.

Marty

Avaitar until I get a good scooter picture done.

Ricker
Member since Oct-14-05
29 posts
Jun-09-06, 11:06 AM (EDT)

4. "RE: Choices, Choices"

Have you looked at United Motors also? Decent warranty, they sell them at Ships Yamaha in fairfield and the Polaris dealer in Batavia. I had a Matrix 150 that I was pretty happy with-got rid of it to get a Burgman 400.

I also know that you weren't asking this, but I would seriously consider looking at used name brands. Also, check out the local club: <http://www.tenyearlates.com/ver2/>

Have fun and welcome,
Rich

The International Scooterist BBS is closed, but the archives live on. Please visit ScootRally.com for current, active discussions, or choose from this list of recent postings:

Re: Exhaust timing

Is the P200 AC Alternator a half or full wave system?

Re: removing old wiring harness?

removing old wiring harness?

Exhaust timing

Re: Any Cushman GS owners on here? Post a pic of your ride!

Pinasco 177 cast iron problems

Wiring in a power socket into a post 1999 PX200E

Re: Smallframe flywheel misssing magnet?

Re: Smallframe flywheel misssing magnet?

Re: Karla's 90 from 2002 foodtastesgood

comments powered by Disqus
Custom Search

ScootRally.com . ScooterBBS.com . Search the ScooterBBS.com Archive . Privacy Policy

International Scooterist BBS Archives